Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

From Scratch/Knitting: 1 and 2


Knitting #1:
Yes, I also knit! The top, colorful one is a simple garter stitch with a yarn that alternates colors. I was actually making a tote bag, so I was only using two needles. I did it by knitting a rectangle and stitching the sides together, so it made like a tube. Then I gathered the top of the tube together. Last but not least I made a pompom at the top, attached it to the hat, and boom! Knit hat. <--(I will do a post on how to make a pompom!) 

Knitting #2:
Ok so this one is a bit more detailed then the first. I used size 9 needles and cast-on about 75. Next, I knit/purled 2 : 2 in the same row, for a few rows to make an stretchy rim. Then I switched to size 8 needles and I knit and purled for a few rows, and then purled and knit for the next few rows to make like 3D stripes. Then after a few stripes I started decreasing in my stitches to make a dome shape. I then added a little pompom, aaaaand that's it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment