Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Update!!!!!

Hi everyone!! So I've been kind of neglecting my blog for the last few months, so this is an update of what I've been doing with my life! 

One major update is that my clothing were in a fashion show. 

Yes, you heard me right! I participated in a fashion showwww! Basically my school held its annual fashion show, where they feature clothing from local boutiques, and this year they featured student made work as well! So then three other girls and I got to see our clothing on models walk down the runwayyyyyyy! I should mention that the theme of the show was modesty in dressing, so everything ideally had to cover knees and most of the elbow.

I had my white coat that I wrote about before, and the orange oval skirt, and a new dress as well. My lovely models and very good friends were Sarah Frieman, Talya Sawday, and Sarah Lipman.

Here are some pics ~

Sarah and coat
Talya strutting down the runway
Talya and skirt posing for some pics

Sarah coming down the catwalk (by Talya!)

What a lovely pose!

The gangs all here! Me with my girls :') 
POST fashion show, one of the owners of a local boutique, Karen Michelle Boutique, approached me and gave me her card!!!!!! She asked me to sew more oval skirts for her to sell in her boutique! I said no. Just kidding!!! Here is a picture of me in her store holding up two of my skirts! 


I had to go downtown to purchase fabric, sew them in varying sizes and colors, make a label ("SLT"), and then negotiate a price! Then they were in the store and they sold!

In other news, as a member of fashion club, I was tasked with making an iPhone case tutorial, as well as the layout for the tutorial, and also the layout for someone else's tutorial. Here are the pics of my Lace iPhone Case tutorial and Eliana's Makeup tutorial ~ 
Lace iPhone case, by yours truly!

Eliana's tutorial, with my layout. 
 **NOTE: This was the first time I had ever used pages before! 

In other OTHER news, over the last year I taught a sewing class! On average there was about five girls in the class at a time, but there were really like eight girls all together, it's just that scheduling was an issue so not everyone could make it to the same classes. 

Me and some girls (yes Sarah and Talya too) sewing some felt animals!
Yay! Now you're mostly caught up. Sorry for the lack of posts lately, but as Co-Head of Fashion Club this year, you'll be seeing a lot more of me lately (hopefully) !! 

~ Ta-ta for now! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment